I pray the lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take." That was our nightly prayer when I was a kid, my brother and sisters and I would recite it together, then ask god to bless our family members and pets as fast as we could chant their names, turning the end into a race for the finish.
I've noticed that if I don't go to sleep at a certain golden moment in the evening, I'll have trouble settling down and getting to sleep much before one a.m. I could blame television or the internet because that is what I'm generally doing while I'm not sleeping but I don't really think it is that. In the past it would just as easily been a book. Sometimes it still is, but I don't find as many books I really get into as I used to. Maybe I'm not totally bullshitting the kids when I day that tv rots your brain and I just CAN'T read anymore! Could ManipulaMom be right on this one? So why don't I take the Golden Moment and just go to bed? Sometimes I am staying up waiting to talk with Red. Sometimes I just want to be alone for a while. But mostly I think I'm just a night owl and always have been.

No comments:
Post a Comment