Olfactory stimulation is emotional manipulation
Missing him I smell his tie, lingering remnants of my gramps dead years.
Driving in the country I open my window
Cows, tall grass and wind bring me back to old tears
Goodbye grandma, see you at Easter, or Fourth of July, or Thanksgiving.
Wet clean hair as I hug my daughters close, I file that memory for time when I'll be alone
The strange scent of dogs feet, every dog I've ever loved stretch in my mind
Running on the beach swimming in the lake, cuddled on the couch, teeth scrape across a bone
Electric smell of a television screen as I press my face against the tube, trying to look in and see what is what in there.
Skin, warm and soft, her body calls me to take her in
Axillus, popliteal, antecubital. Calves smell different than thighs
The thin skin where the leg meets the torso, not quite the cleft, light sparkles in her eyes
As I move my nose up and down her body, inhale her essence, release.
Nose and heart linked in so many kinds of love.

No comments:
Post a Comment