My favorite? Throw reality out of the window? Really, really lazy? Give me sand. Give me water. Warm water, not that Lake Michigan. Not that I don't completely love Lake Michigan because I do. We have to be honest here. That lake is too cold. I want warm. Really really warm. WARM. WATER. Hot sunshine baking my skin, turning me brown. Making my arm and leg hairs golden. A stack of really great books. Not just ones that I'm willing to finish because that is just what I do. Books I don't want to finish because they are so great but then I am excited to move on to the next really great book. While I'm reading in the warm sunshine and the water is right there if I feel like getting cooled off, I want fruit delivered right to me. Right there on the beach, I want cold, fresh, sliced up pineapple and melon and berries. Chilled fruit. Perfectly ripe, juicy fruit delivered to me on the beach.
If we are really getting crazy here, I would also like to be naked. No shorts and tank top. No swimming suit. Just my beautiful skin soaking up the sun, air, and salt water.
The most decadent part of this lazy, perfect day? What could possibly add to the appeal? This is something I might have to whisper. Come closer, let me tell you the most fantastical part of this whole thing. I want to . . . be alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment