Sunday, November 3, 2013

Childhood memory

I used to fight boys.  It started with boys pushing me around, making me kiss them and I decided fuck that shit.  I could be as tough as a boy.  So I started some fights with boys I knew I could take, less confident ones and preferably smaller than I.  I got a reputation for being just a little crazy.  I had a regular group of coconspirators from the neighborhood and sometimes we played football with other groups of boys.  Me and my gang thought it was funny, the way the other teams always underestimated me.  We'd run a few plays and the other team never covered me.  I was just a girl after all.  Then we would do the surprise play:  Ange goes deep, into the end zone, and pass it to her.  Dumb fuckers, it always fooled them.  My team laughed and laughed, high fived, and then did it again in a few plays.  It was like the other boys could not believe I could catch it again, like the first time was a fluke.  Maybe some of the smarter teams put one of the less athletic kids to cover me.  I was always able to run faster, jump higher than those kids and score.

Of course, puberty changed all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment