Monday, November 11, 2013

Prompt by e. E.

I wrote this during the At Risk Youth book tour by e.E. Charlton-Trujillo when she was in town.  She asked the kids to write and I decided to participate also.  I was too emotional to share it publicly, but will share here.  The prompt was:  If someone only knew...

If someone only knew the best of what she could do, that person would fall down like a heart attack like lightning struck, the scales would fall like Saul became Paul on the road to Damascus. That someone would reach out and take her hand, hold her and take care of her because she can do it all, she can carry it and sing and dance and cry if she needs to.  If someone only knew how good it could be, the power of it would light up the city of New York and all the surrounding boroughs.  They'd be talking about it for years to come, if someone only knew what she was capable of, her intense strength and deep power to hold it all in her heart.

2 comments: