Monday, November 18, 2013

Tea

I'm a lazy tea lover, and that means I mostly drink coffee.  It takes effort to be a tea drinker.  I used to drink Diet Pepsi after Diet Pepsi and I just knew that wasn't good for me.  Plus fifty cents each at work!  Coffee is free at work.  In fact, it is like the world is so coffee-centered.  Sure, there is tea *available* if you really want to try and get some.  But coffee is just so there.  We have at least ten different kinds of tea in our house, an entire drawer dedicated to tea.  Both my kids drink tea every day.  I'm absurdly proud of that, as if that shows I am a good mom in some way, or have raised a higher class of child. For her twelfth birthday, my daughter Charlotte received a tea mug that changes from tired face to happy face with heat, loose leaf tea, a ceramic spoon holder and an adorable yellow submarine tea diffuser.  She was thrilled.  Charlotte also loves coffee and can't wait to be old enough to be allowed to drink coffee.  But I suspect she will love tea more in the long run.  Tea is like nutrition, coffee more dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Coffee really is more of a dessert. It's so filling! When I have coffee in the mornings I don't have room for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete